In modern life, osteoarthritis, as a common chronic disease, is attracting increasing attention. The disease affects millions of people and presents a range of challenges to their lives and health. However, understanding the causes, who are at risk, and how to prevent and treat them can help people better manage osteoarthritis.
Osteoarthritis is a type of arthritis with various etiologies,
- Joint damage, loss of bone density
- Chronic overuse of the joints, poor posture, and chronic overloading of the joints can also lead to wear and tear on the articular cartilage, which can lead to osteoarthritis.
- The elderly are a high-risk group for osteoarthritis, and the risk of gradual wear and tear of articular cartilage increases with age.
- Obese people are also more likely to develop osteoarthritis due to excessive stress on the joints
- People who engage in heavy physical labor for long periods of time or suffer from sports injuries may also be at higher risk.
The number of patients worldwide and its growth trend: According to the statistics of the World Health Organization, the number of patients with osteoarthritis in the world has shown a gradual upward trend in recent years. The number of patients with osteoarthritis is expected to continue to increase through 2030, placing a severe burden on global health systems and societies.
New Treatment Trends:
In recent years, advances in technology have brought new hope for the treatment of osteoarthritis.
- Innovative technologies such as biologics therapy, arthroscopic surgery, and stem cell therapy continue to emerge, providing patients with more choices. Biologics therapy utilizes biomolecules to regulate inflammatory responses, thereby reducing symptoms, and this treatment method has received more and more attention from professional doctors.
- Arthroscopic surgery uses minimally invasive techniques to repair damaged joints, which is expected to reduce postoperative recovery time. Stem cell therapy, which attempts to repair damaged cartilage through the regenerative power of stem cells, is still in the research stage, but its potential is highly anticipated.
- Joint injection or intra-articular injection is a procedure used to treat inflammatory diseases of joints. Due to its high viscosity, hyaluronic acid can sometimes be used to replace synovial fluid and injected into the joint as a supplement.
SingJoint® is a kind of colorless transparent liquid gel that is made of hyaluronic acid, from streptococcal fermentation metabolites. It is indicated for the treatment of symptoms of osteoarthritis of the knee. By replacing and supplementing the pathological synovial fluid in the osteoarthritis joints, reduces pain and improves joint function.
With the deepening of scientific research, it is expected that the treatment methods for osteoarthritis will continue to innovate and improve. Developments in areas such as personalized medicine and gene therapy are expected to provide patients with more precise treatment options. By promoting prevention awareness, adopting a healthy lifestyle, and taking advantage of innovative treatments, we can work together to protect our joint health and enjoy a higher quality of life.
singclean | 2023-08-28New initiatives are urgently needed in the global anti-drug cause: the important role of drug detection reagentsIntroduction: In the current situation where the world is facing the proliferation of drugs, the serious harm caused by drugs to the human body has become the focus of global attention. To meet this challenge, the urgency of drug control work is further highlighted. In this context, drug detection reagents are showing a huge role and becoming an important tool in drug control work.
singclean | 2023-08-28Secrets of The Beauty Industry: The Theory of Hyaluronic Acid Filling Wrinkle RemovalIntroduction: As a modern beauty technique, hyaluronic acid dermal injection is becoming the first choice for those who pursue young and healthy skin. This article will introduce you to the principle of hyaluronic acid filling wrinkle removal.
singclean | 2023-08-28Mid-Year Review and Forecast: Thoughts on the Trend of Medical Device Products in the Second Half of 2023In response to the development trend of the meidcal industry, some leading medical device companies have formulated detailed development plans to promote their business growth and meet changing market demands. Attributable to the aging population and rising chronic diseases coupled with rising demand for modern medical equipment in emerging markets.